Art by Anita Inverarity
Anita’s distinctive style echoes folkloric and art nouveau aesthetics. She weaves a magical fairy-tale narrative throughout her intricate, yet bold ink drawings. Interests and themes which run through Anita’s art language include Folktales, Fairy Stories, Mythology, Nature and Earth Magic.
You will find beautiful costumes on etheric maidens in mysterious moonlit gardens filled with crystals and all manner of characters and creatures. The work invites you to look closer and enjoy the detail and ornamentation.
Original work is traditionally crafted using pen mediums on paperboard. Gallery works are custom framed to a high standard and finish. You can also find a substantial portfolio of giclée reproductions here, along with greeting cards and colouring packs.
In 2020, Anita published her first Oracle Deck with US Games. Signed Artist/Author editions of “Universal Folk Oracle” are available here when in stock.
Anita Inverarity is a full time artist born in Aberdeen, Scotland and currently living in rural Banffshire where she has a dedicated home gallery and studio. She lives with her partner Philip McCloy who has helped establish the Inverarity Gallery.
Anita excelled at art in school and after pursuing a variety of careers came back to art in her early 40’s after a period of ill health forced her to work from home.
Anita has exhibited her work widely here in the UK and overseas, this has included several juried exhibits in Scotland’s National Galleries and Museums including Aberdeen Art Gallery, The Meffan and The Moray Art Centre. Commissions have included several album covers to date and artworks have been licenced to a wide variety of projects and outlets.
Others career highlights to date include –
- A Visual Artists Award in 2012 which resulted in a sell out collection of large scale works, initially going on view at Gallery Heinzel in Aberdeen
- Duet exhibitions with US Artist Tammy Wampler in both Nashville (US) and Findhorn (Scotland)
- A finalist group exhibit for Winsor & Newton in London
- Release of “Universal Folk Oracle” via leading publisher US Games in 2021
- Helping to Establish The Inverarity Gallery and curating exhibits with partner Philip McCloy
- Launch of the Zimmermann 2022 Fall RTW Collection “Stargazer” featuring my art
- Establishing a one stop website and store in 2022 with thanks to son Jamie